![0_1516753208525_sideline down marker.jpg](Uploading 100%) I was looking for ways to add a more professional feel to my programs flag football league and settled on getting sideline down markers. This would allow officials another level of accountability, players would no longer have to ask what down it is, and spectators can better visually follow the game.
I have attached a few files so you can see what the final product looks like and create your own if you would like.
I do not have an exact cost per marker, because my program had some of the supplies already, but I imagine it would be around $20 (will largely depend on how much your prints cost and how well priced the hardware store is in your area).
- I had my copy center print out the "numbers" PDF on thick card stock, cut along the lines, and then laminate the sheets.
- I purchased and cut the PVC.
- I hole punched the laminated numbers and purchased large key rings to connect them together.
- I spray painted the PVC pipe black
- I then assembled the PVC pipes and added some plumbing pipe insulation to create padding for the marker in the case that players run into it.
Feel free to duplicate. Some additional things I would do if I did it again,
- add metal grommets to the laminated sheets to better protect from moisture and wear.
[0_1516753172122_flag football down marker numbers.pdf](Uploading 100%)
[0_1516753221344_flag football down marker numbers.pdf](Uploading 100%)
[0_1516753237274_football down marker.pdf](Uploading 100%)